Monday, November 16, 2015

Recommended: New In Chess

New In Chess magazine is the best chess magazine in the world. I'm sure there are other good magazines, and there have been other good magazines in the past. (For example, I loved Yasser Seirawan's Inside Chess magazine, which was fantastic, especially its early incarnation as a bi-weekly.) But NIC is in a class by itself. The production values are outstanding, the content is incredible, and if you're a reasonably strong club player almost every page in the magazine has something worthy of note. The only downsides are that it is somehat expensive and comes out only 8 times a year, but personally I think the pluses outweigh those concerns.

I'd go into more detail, but I want to keep this short, especially since most people have probably seen a copy at some point. And the point is the same no matter the length: New In Chess magazine is an incredible product.

No comments:

Post a Comment