Wednesday, February 17, 2016

THE HUMAN HORIZON EFFECT

OR

WHY YOU SHOULD NEVER ACCEPT YOUR OPPONENT'S VERSION OF REALITY

Going over games with a computer after a tournament is always enlightening, but not always fun. In this game, I had a very nice attack, but the move that I thought was awesome, 25. ...Rxh3 (and which my friend Garry Day also found when seeing it later) does not actually work!  At the time, the move seemed like a game-ender, and Sam believed the same illusion that I did-but neither one of us looked far enough.

The moral? Even when you see the coming Apocalypse, look for the post-apocalyptic silver lining!

 I also found the game that was my inspiration for the plan, and I included it in the notes. Here it goes:

Click here to see how both players bluffed each other and themselves!

1 comment: