Thursday, September 8, 2016

Books.

I rearranged my chess book shelves today. I consolidated everything down to six shelves in two bookcases in the front room. I plan on clearing a seventh shelf to keep my main tournament kit. Clocks and most of my extra boards, pieces and bags are also on those shelves. (I've got four tournament sets, and two analysis sets. I've got nothing like Garry's collection, and my newest set was a gift from him.)

I've got 164 or 165 books (not counting duplicates), depending on whether or not I decide to keep my copy of Bobby Fischer Teaches Chess. Of those, 18 are opening manuals, including my 1932 edition (!!) of the MCO. I have eleven books on the endgame. Games collections of one type or another form the bulk of my collection.

These numbers do not, of course, include a couple of digital books, my databases, my magazines, or my notes.

For the record, my wife and I have over 2,000 books, not counting all of our daughter's books for children.

Damn it feels good to be a gangsta.

No comments:

Post a Comment