Friday, September 2, 2016

Round One Results

Unfortunately the US Virgin Island Team got blanked today. Tomorrow, Angola, which is another tough match-up. If Jim plays, he'll face one of two international masters on the Angolan team. (I'm not sure what the substitution pattern will be for Jim's team.)

I should note that the individual pairings are determined right before the round. So the US Virgin Islands (and both their opponents thus far) have five players, of whom four play. The exact line-up is determined shortly before the round starts.

ADDED: Paul added the game (with a few notes) to the Club's Facebook feed.

Editorial Note: I'm seeing some hand-wringing on Twitter concerning the event's use as propaganda by the Azeri dictatorship. (And the FIDE leadership, of course.) Perhaps I missed it, but I didn't see similar hand-wringing when Qatar hosted several events late last year. It certainly seems like a case of selective outrage.

No comments:

Post a Comment