Monday, August 22, 2016

More from Theo Slade

As I've said, I asked Theo Slade to write for us. It turns out he's already writing for BCM and the CFCC. That's good! I care more about decent content than I do where it gets published. I'm particularly interested in the writing about the local chess scene, as I suspect that could help generate, or at least maintain, local interest.

Theo's first article for BCM from Florida concerned his culture shock adjusting to American chess culture. His articles for BCM since then have been more about the international scene. But I'm happy to report that Theo wrote up a lengthy report about his three tournaments in July, two in Philadelphia and one here in Orlando. You can find that article here, kind of hidden on the CFCC's Games page. Recommended, especially if you're likely to play local Class A or Expert players. Consider it a scouting report!

No comments:

Post a Comment