Sunday, August 28, 2016

Simul Saturday in Clermont

Yesterday we had the pleasure of having a master join us at the Club. Hleb Zharkov (originally from Belarus, who came here via France and Jacksonville, FL) gave a simul for five of us. Below are a couple of pictures Joe Sanderlin took with his phone.


That's Hleb standing in both pictures. In the top picture we have, from the right, a young man from Venezuela whose name I keep missing (I have some hearing issues), Paul Leggett, Norm Meintel, and me. In the bottom picture it's the same group of people. Joe isn't pictured for the obvious reason.

(I'm fiddling with my phone, but I wasn't cheating. I lost on my own, thank you very much. I saw Joe taking pictures and decided I should get some with him in the frame. Sadly, though, the camera on my phone no longer works very well, so my pics didn't come out.)

We went five and oh - five loses and no wins for the club regulars! Hleb cleaned our clocks. I'm not sure if it was me or the young man from Venezuela that lasted longest, but in my case I could have resigned sooner, save for my bitter-ender strategy.

No comments:

Post a Comment