Monday, July 11, 2016

Dumpster Diving: 2016 July 11

I had a fun game at 3' 2" on Chess.com this evening.After some ups and downs I got to the following endgame:

THDurham-josephmelendez589
After 45 Kg4

Here I think I'm very close to winning, though The Fish doesn't agree, thinking I merely have a slight plus. But my position is much easier to play. I'm going to get in h4, and after ...gxh4 (forced), Kxh4 my king will dance around looking to pick off some pawns. 


Black missed what he needed to do, which was keep his rook on the h-file, and I broke through and ate the two Black e-pawns. Eventually we reached this position, which is just dead won for White:
After 58 Nxe5

What followed was a funny mate from out of the blue: 58 ... Kg5?? 59 Nf7# If you see a check, play it - it might be mate!


The whole game is below.

No comments:

Post a Comment